Hochberühmten Jüdischen Geschichtschreibers Historien und Bücher: Von alten Jüdischen Geschichten zwentzig sampt einem von seinem Leben, Flavii Josephi. Frankfurt, 1581. German. A large volume, begins with "Antiquities of the Jews" which includes twenty chapters depicting the history of the Jewish people from the creation of the world until the Great Revolt (66 CE). The second part is book V of "Wars of the Jews" recounting the destruction of Jerusalem. A separate title page for the part about Jerusalem: Egesippi, des hochberühmten fürtrefflichen christlichen Geschichtschreibers, fünff Bücher, vom jüdischen Krieg und endlicher Zerstörung der herzlichen und gewaltigen Statt Jerusalem. Numerous impressive woodcuts illustrate both parts throughout text. , 348,  leaves; 177,  leaves, volume 34 cm. Good condition. Minor worming. Wood and vellum binding with metal clasps.
Tractatus de imposturis et ceremoniis Iudaeorum nostri temporis, Conrado Husero. Basel: Pernam, . Latin.
A Christian book presenting Jewish customs and rituals in a critical and negative light. The book, bearing the pseudonym Conrad Huser, was actually written by Marcus Lombardus.
66,  pp. 21 cm. Good condition. Slightly faded title page. Stains. Rebound in cardboard.
Introductiones Apotelesmaticae In Physiognomiam, Complexiones hominum, Astrologiam naturalem, Naturas Planetarum, Joannis Ab Indagine. Printed by Lazari Zetzneri. Strassburg, 1622. Latin.
A 'natural' astrology book (by the author's definition) and other matters, by Johanne of Indagine (1467-1537), German astronomer and astrologer, member of the Carthusian Order. Included in the 1559 list of books banned by the Vatican for stating that the planets determine man's destiny. Woodcuts, drawings and charts demonstrating palm reading, astrological map analysis and physiognomic principles.
384 pp, 15 cm. Fair-good condition. Stains. Leather binding with ornate spine, worn. Ex Libris. Detached cover boards. Endpaper torn in two.
Concordantiae Bibliorum Hebraicae, by Johannis Buxtorf. Basel: Ludovici König 1632.
At the end of the book appears a table of Parshiyot. Hebrew title page: "Concordance about Daniel and Ezra" (Hebrew); the table of Parshyiot ends with a colophon: "Printed in Basel under the command of the esteemed Sir Ludwig König in his home in the year of 1630" [However, the book was actually printed two years later].
The book opens with a preface in Latin by Johannes Buxtorf, the son, who completed the concordance, based on the Meir Nativ concordance by Rabbi Yitzchak Nathan.
Tiberias Sive Commentarius Masorethicus Triplex Historicus Didacticus, Criticus, Johannis Buxtorfi P.. Basel: Johannis König, 1665. Review of the Tiberian Masorah and its history. Hebrew and Latin. ; 108 pp.
41 cm. Good condition. Stains and wear. Leather binding, back binding is lacking.
Erotematum linguae sanctae Libri duo, Johann Heinrich Hottinger. Published by Joh. Jacobi Tigury, Bodmeri (Zurich), 1647.
Composition by the theologian and philologist Johann Heinrich Hottinger, about Hebrew grammar.
, 200 pp, 15.5 cm. Good-fair condition. Stains and wear. Original leather binding, detached and damaged.
Tractatus de punctorum vocalium, et accentuum, in libris Veteris Testamenti Hebraicis, origine, antiquitate, & authoritate: oppositus Arcano punctationis revelato, Ludovici Cappelli, Johannis Buxtorfi Filii. Martini Wagneri Printing Press. Basel, 1658. Latin.
Jonnane Buxtorf the younger was a well-known Christian Hebraist and inherited the Hebrew Chair in the Univeristy of Basel from his father who studied the same subjects. This is a polemic book, one of several, composed after an argument with Louis Cappelli about the antiquity of niqqud.
 leaves, 437,  pp. 15 index pages are missing. 20 cm. Good-fair condition. Worming. Foxing and staining. Creases and tear to endpaper. Restored tear to title page. Vellum binding, stains.
Two books about Jewish-Christian polemics:
1. Disputa del christiano con l'ebreo di Melchior Palontrotti. Ad istanza di Pietro Pauolo Romaldi romano. Doue si proua chiaramente contra l'ebreo, che la riduttione temporale, che aspetta fù adempita nella liberatione di Babilonia [ dispute between a Christian and a Jew]. Girolamo Barberi Printing Press, Rome, 1647. Italian.
27,  (i.e. 37, ) pp, 20 cm. one leave lacking. Fair condition. Worming. Open tears. Adhesive tape. New binding.
2. Gespräch in dem Reiche der Todten über die Bibel und Talmud zwischen Dr. Luther und Raschi, [conversation in the kingdom of the dead about the Bible and the Talmud between Dr. (Martin) Luther and Rashi]. Schwabach: Johann Jacob Enderes, 1737-1738. German and some Hebrew. Frontispiece engraving of Rashi and Luther. Parts 1-2.
14; 88 pp +  engraving, 20.5 cm. Good-fair condition. Stains. Worming. Damaged binding. Tears to spine.
Tiberias, sive Commentarius Masorethicus triplex: historicus, didacticus criticus, ad illustrationem operis Biblici Basiliensis conscriptus, quo primùm historia Masoretharum tiberiensium, Johannis Buxtorfi P. Joh. Jacobi Deckeri Printing Press. Basel, 1665. Latin.
A book by the Christian Hebraist Johanne Buxtorf (1564-1629), one of the first Christian scholars to study Judaism. The book studies the Tiberian Masorah from three aspects, details the changes introduced by Buxtorf into the version of the Bible which he published several years earlier and justifies them in light of Masorah.
 leaves, 430 pp, 20.5 cm. Wide margins. Good condition. Foxing. Rebound.
De republyk der hebreen, of de Gemeenebest der Joden. Handelende van de bedieninge des tempels; zoo die was in de daagen van de Zaligmaaker en korts voor de verstooringe van Jerusalem, Petrus Cunaeus. Four volumes: part one, published by Wilhelm Goeree. Amsterdam, 1682. Part two and part three, published by Wilhelm Goeree. Amsterdam, 1683. Part four, published by Jan Roman. Amsterdam, 1735. Dutch.
Historia s. Petri persice conscripta, simulque multis modis contaminata. Latine reddita, & brevibus animadversionibus notate [history of Saint Peter, a composition in Persian translated into Latin with comments] by Ludovico De Dieu. Leiden (Holland): Ex Officina Elseviriana printing press, 1693. Persian and Latin.
A composition in two parts by Jerome Xavier, translated into Persian according to a request by Akbar (Mughal Emperor in India), [in 1602].
Offered here is a later edition of the second part by Ludovico De Dieu, which contains the original text in Persian with the Latin translation, page facing page.
Ludovico De Die (1590-1642), a priest and an orientalist, edited this composition, translated it and added in the margins some grammatical comments about the Persian text. Titles on title page are woodcuts in black and red ink.
Included in this edition is an additional part about the basic principles of Persian Grammar by Ludovico De Dieu. His work was the first Persian grammar book ever published in Europe.
 leaves, 144 pp, 18.5 cm. Good condition. Stains. Rebound.
Seven manifests and decrees concerning various subjects issued by German emperors for their subjects from the years 1693 to 1767. Among the decrees – one that deals with coins and features engravings of many coins in engraving plates; a manifest announcing the coronation of an emperor and a decree which concerns Frankfurt Jewry.
 leaves;  leaves, 6, VII-VIII engraving plates;  leaves;  leaves;  leaves;  leaves;  leaves, approx. 32 cm. Six manifests are bound together. Condition varies. Restored tears. Significant foxing.
Synagoga Judaica, by Johann Buxtorf. Henau: Haeredum Guilielmi Antonii, 1614. Latin.
An important book composed by the Hebraist and scholar Johann Buxtorf (1564-1629). Buxtorf accurately documented customs, prayers and way of life of Ashkenazi Jews. Although the book's tone is explicitly anti-Semitic, it is considered a milestone in the study of the Jewish religion and even Jews of the period used it often enough.
13.5 cm.  644 [should be 624],  pp. Good-fair condition. Vellum binding (of the period). Worming, creases and stains. Ownership ink stamp and inscription in pen on the inner side of front binding. Labels on spine.
Pro Hebraeis Possidentibus Stabilia. Facti et Iuris [Possession rights of Jews. Facts and Jurisdiction], a document dealing with rights of Jews. Author and printer are unknown. [Italy, 1700?]. Latin.
, 25 pp. Good-fair condition. Stains and creases. New binding with vellum spine.
Benachrichtigungen Wegen einiger die Judenschafft angehenden wichtigen Sachen, D. Joh. Christoph. Wagenseil. Published by Johann Heinichens Wittwe. Leipzig, 1701. German.
Johann Christoph Wagenseil (1633-1705) was a German theologian and Hebraist who was deeply involved with the question of Jews and Judaism. He gathered proof about the negative attitude of Judaism towards Christianity and asked the authorities to restrain Jews from mocking Jesus, but was opposed to forcible conversion to Christianity and believed conversion should be voluntary.
220 pp, 18 cm. Fair condition. Foxing. Uneven leaf cutting. Wear to edges of leaves. New binding.
Considerazioni di Biagio Garofalo intorno alla poesia degli Ebrei e dei Greci, Biagio Garofalo, Francesco Gonzaga printing press, 1712. Italian. 2 parts bound together.
Composition analyzing the Greek poetry and the Jewish poetry using themes from Spinoza.
XVI, 61, , 63,  pp, 23 cm, good-fair condition. Stains, slight damage to binding, vellum binding.
* R. Salomonis Jarchi, Commentarius Hebraicus in Pentateuchum Mosis, Joh. Friederico Breithaupto. Published by Typis Reyherianis. Gotha, 1710.
* R. Salomonis Jarchi Commentarius hebraicus, Rash"i dicti, Commentarius Hebraicus in Prophetas Maiores et minores, ut et in Hiobum et Psalmos, Joh. Friederico Breithaupto. Published by Typis Reyherianis. Gotha, 1713.
Latin. Two volumes out of three.
Rashi's commentary on the Torah, first and last prophets, psalms and Job, translated into Latin. This is the first Latin translation of Rashi's commentary. Two volumes. Author's engraved portrait appears at the beginning of volume I. Vellum binding.
1st volume:  leaves, 1532,  pp,  engraved plate. 2nd volume:  leaves, 1027 + 166 + 299,  pp, 20.5 cm. Fair condition. Age-related stains, foxing. Worming. Some tears at margins of leaves.
"Wahreste und neueste Abbildung des türckischen Hofes" [pictures from the Turkish Sultan Court], by Charles de Ferriol. 54 copper engravings by Johann Christoph Weigel. Nuremberg: Christoph Weigel, 1721. German. A book written following the mission of the French Ambassador Charles de Ferriol (1652-1722) to Turkey, surveying tens of personalities accompanied by engravings and commentaries. 54 engravings, titled and signed C."Weigel exe". , 103 pp + 52 engraving plates and  folding engraving plates. One engraving is most probably lacking. Fair-good condition. Slight creases and tears. Some engravings are detached. Inscription with crayon on title page. Ex Libris on inner front cover and ownership ink stamps on margins of engravings. Perforation stamp on title page. Old and worn binding.
Three compositions accompanied by engravings. Amsterdam, 1726-1732:
* Naaukeurige Beschryving Der Uitwendige Godtsdienst-Pflichten, Tempel-Zeden En Gewoontens Van Alle Volkeren Der Waereldt, Bernard Picard [Religious duties, manners and customs of all the nations of the world]. Joint publication: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague: Uytwerf Beman Alberts, 1729. Dutch.
The study was originally written in French; this is the fourth-fifth volume out of the Dutch translation accompanied by 58 engraving plates and a dozen folding plates by French master engraver Bernard Picart.
 leaf, 424,  pp;  leaves, 368 pp, 40 cm.
* Vervolg op Flavius Josephus; of algemene historie der joodsche naatsie, behelzende ene uitvoerige beschryving van derzelver regerings-vorm, godtsdienst, gezinten en plegtigheden…, Jakob Basnage. Amsterdam, 1726-1727. Dutch.
Writings of Josephus Flavius, edition in two volumes with several engravings. A large engraving and two portraits of Jakob Basnage preceding the title page of the first volume.  leaves, 7+658 pp +  engraving plates;  leaves, 659-1940 pp, 39.5 cm.
* Alle de werken van Flavius Josephus, behelzende twintig boeken van de Joodsche oudheden, het verhaal van zyn eygen leeven, de histori van den oorlóg der Jooden tegen de Romeynen, de twee boeken tegen Apion, en de beschryvinge van den marteldoodt der Machabeen. Waarby komt het gezantschap van Philo aan den keyzer Kaligula. Amsterdam: Marten Schagen, 1732. Dutch.
A large volume compiling two parts with some of Josephus Flavius writings: "Antiquities of the Jews", "Wars of the Jews" and "Against Apion" ("Antiquities of the Jewish People"). Accompanied by numerous engravings throughout the book and nine engraving plates, among them five double engraving plates of Map of Eretz Israel and the vicinity, the Temple, Jerusalem and the Destruction of the Temple.
, 790, , 112,  pp +  engraving plates and  folding plates, 39.5 cm.
4 books. Good overall condition. Original leather bindings.
D. Michaelis Frider. Lochneri, Furthensis, De reservato imperatoris exigendi aurum coronarium a Judaeis etiam in aliorum statuum imperii terris degentibus = Von der Juden Cronen-Steuer oder güldnen Opffer-Pfennig, Michael Friedrich Lochner. Published by Impensis Stephani Grebneri, Altdorf, 1750. Latin.
The composition concerns the poll tax imposed by German emperors on their Jewish subjects.
46 pp, 20.5 cm. Good condition. Dark paper. Some wear to margins of first leaves. Rebound.
Het oude en Niewe Verbond aen een geschakelt in de geschiedenissen der Joden en der aengrenzende volkeren, sedert het verval der koningryken van Israel en Juda tot de komst van Jezus Kristus [History of Jews as is manifest in the Bible and in the New Testament from the days of King Solomon until the appearance of Christianity]. By Humphrey Prideaux. Published by Isaak Tirion, Amsterdam, 1731. Dutch. Second edition.
With eight engraved plates: frontispiece engraving, six folding maps and additional folding plate with a plan of the Temple. Numerous initials. Two additional engravings on the title page and within the text.
 leaves, xxii, 1552 columns,  leaves +  engraving plate,  folding engraving plates, 40 cm. Fair condition. Stains. Creases. Original leather binding with tears and damage.
Naaukeurige Beschryving Der Uitwendige Godtsdienst-Pflichten, Kerk-Zeden En Gewoontens Van Alle Volkeren Der Waereldt, Bernard Picard. Joint publication by: Uytwerf Beman Alberts, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, 1738. Dutch.
The original monograph was written in French. This is the sixth volume of the Dutch edition which was printed in six volumes, with 38 engraving plates by the French engraver Bernard Picart. Chapter discussing Judaism and Jews in the end.
, 340,  pp; , 317,  pp +  engraved plates, 40 cm. Fair condition. Stains. Original leather binding, tears and damage.
Tractatus de juribus Judaeorum, Von Recht der Juden by Johann Jodicus Beck. Nuremberg: Johann Georg Lochner, 1741. German.
A comprehensive study concerning laws and rights of Jews in Germany: criminal law, contracts, civil laws, inheritance laws and more. This composition, refering to both the German legislative system and to the Halachic laws, was written so as to serve as a guide for readers, and encourage tolerance towards the Jewish community through teaching and explaining the Halachic laws.
A fine frontispiece engraving, divided into four scenes depicting a wedding, writing a will, commerce and execution by hanging.  engraving-plate; , 599 pp, 20 cm. Good condition. Stains, foxing. Original vellum binding, damage.
Kurzer Auszug aus denen Selichoth oder Judischen Bus-Gebeten, d.i. Sammlung von denen Lasterungen, die sich in diesen Gebeten befinden, und wodurch die Ehre Jesu Christi verachtet, und der Christliche Glaube verspottet wird, aus einem gerechten Eifer fur die Ehre Jesu Christi, und aus Eherbietung fur die christliche Religion, Christian Wilhelm Christlieb. Publisher not indicated. Place of publishing not indicated. 1745. German.
Anti-Semitic composition meant to prove how Jews curse Jesus and his believers in their prayers and how they bypass the restrictions of censorship through use of code words such as "Akum" and "Edom". The composition surveys the Selichot and their meaning in short and cites some passages.
 leaves, 20 cm. Good condition. Foxing. Rebound.
Jüdische Geschichte von der Erschaffung der Welt bis auf gegenwärtige Zeiten. Aus dem Dänischen ins Deutsche übersetzt von Georg August Detharding [Jewish history from the creation to the present day] / Jüdische Geschichte von der unumschränkten Regierung der Makkabäer, bis auf gegenwärtige Zeiten [Jewish history from the days of the Maccabees until the current day], by Herrn Ludwig Holberg. Published by Gebrüder Korte, Altona and Flensburg, 1747. German. Two volumes.
Scholarly work by Danish author and historian Ludwig Holberg, about Jewish history from the creation of the world until the author's days. With engravings on title pages of both parts, as well as a frontispiece engraved portrait of the author, in the first part. Translated from Danish into German by Georg August Detharding.
Two volumes. Volume 1:  engraving-plate,  leaves, 714 pp. Volume 2:  leaves, 719 pp, 22 cm. Good condition. Stains. Original binding with leather spine. Damage to binding and to spine. Front cover board detached.
Arte di conoscere l'età de' codici Latini, e Italiani, Giovanni Crisostomo Trombelli. Bologna: Girolamo Corciolani, ed Eredi Colli a S. Tommaso d' Aquino, 1756.
A composition by the scholar Giovanni Crisostomo Trombelli, about the historic development and the Paleography of Latin manuscripts. Examples and two plate-sheets at the end of the book. Some of the characters on the title page are printed in red ink.
Xii, 116 pp, 2 folding plates. 24.5 cm. Fair-good condition. Stains. Damp stains throughout the book. Several detached leaves. Binding with ancient leather spine, damaged and partly detached. Lack to spine.
Mischnah oder Der Text des Talmuds, Mishnayot. Translation into German and commentary by Johann Jacob Rabe. Two volumes. Onolzbach, 1760-1763.
Volume A: Zera'im, Moed, Nashim. 6 leaves, 268 pp, 8 leaves, 294 pp, 3 leaves, 250 pp, 2 leaves.
Volume B: Nezikin, Kodashim, Taharot. 4 leaves, 306 pp, 4 leaves, 294 pp, 3 leaves, 420 pp.
In tractate Eduyot in the second volume appears an engraved map of Jerusalem.
2 volumes, 24.5 cm. Good-fair condition. Wear, worming. Stains. Several detached leaves. Damage to bindings.
Triturae et Fulloniae Antiquitates, Christiani Schoetgenii. Leipzig: Ioh. Mich. Lud. Teubneri, 1763. Latin and some Hebrew.
Monograph about threshing and washing in ancient times by the German theologian and Hebraist, Johann Christian Schöttgen (1678-1751). References from the bible cited in Hebrew. Accompanied by engravings depicting threshing and the Saponaria plant.
 leaves, 158 pp,  leaves +  engraving plates, three of which are folding, 16 cm. Good condition. Tear to title page. Restored tear in unmatching color to second title page. Inscriptions in pencil, late paper binding. Partly torn spine.
Chronologia Sacra Oder Kurzer Auszug aus der ganzen Heiligen Schrift des Alten und Neuen Testaments: nach der Zeitrechnung, wie sich alles in einem Zeitverlaufe von 4071 Jahren, das ist: von Erschaffung der Welt an bis auf Christi Jesu Tod, und von dessen Himmelfahrt bis zu dem Tod beeder heiligen Apostel Petrus und Paulus zugetragen, Gervasio Bulfer. Konstanz: Jakob Friedrich Bez, 1771.
A composition in German by Gervasio Bulfer about Christian chronology according to the Bible and the New Testament. Most of the leaves in the books are arranged in two columns from top of the leaf to the bottom with the count of years according to different calendars and the events which occurred in each year.
 leaves, 307,  pp,  leaves +  folding plates. 21.5 cm. Good condition. Stains. Worming to title page and to several additional ones. Original leather binding.
Not listed in NLI records.
Lob der narrheit, Erasmus von Rotterdam. Published by Johann Jacob Thurneysen, jünger. Basel, 1780. German.
German translation of the satiric composition "In Praise of Folly" by Desiderius Erasmus of Rotterdam, in which he criticizes the Catholic Church, with eighty-three woodcuts and a frontispiece engraving of Erasmus's portrait after a painting by Hans Holbein.
 engraved plate,  leaves, 396 pp, 19 cm. Good condition. Stains and foxing. Damp stains. Rebound.
De Hebraicae typographiae origine ac primitiis seu antiquis ac rarissimis Hebraicorum librorum editionibus saeculi XV disquisitio historico-critica, Giovanni Bernardo De Rossi. Erlangen: Schleich, 1778. Latin. Second edition.
First monograph written on Hebrew incunabula. The author, Giovanni Bernardo De Rossi (1742-1831), was an Italian Hebraist and a professor of Oriental languages at the University of Parma. The book was first published in Parma in 1776. This is its second edition, published two years later in Germany.
141 pp., 17 cm. Good condition. New binding.
1. Franc. Perezii Bayerii, De nvmis hebraeo-samaritanis.
2. Franc. Perezii Bayerii Numorum hebraeo-samaritanorum vindiciae. Valencia: Benedicti Monfort / Officina Monfortiana, 1781, 1790. Latin.
Two-volume book by Francisco Pérez Bayer, eighteenth-century Spanish philologist, jurist and writer, on Samaritan-Hebrew coins. Engraved plates and engravings in-text. Red gilt-tooled leather bindings with 1st baronet Sir Richard Borough's coat-of-arms.
1st volume:  leaves, 245, XXI, 12 pp.+  plates. 2nd volume:  leaves, 210, XXIV, 10 pp. +  plates, 29 cm. Good condition. Wear to bindings and foxing.
Zerstreute Aufsätze, Herrn Professor Kant. Frankfurt and Leipzig, 1793. German. First edition.
Anthology of essays by philosopher Emnauel Kant.
 leaves, 220 pp, 17 cm. Good condition. Worn edges to binding. Torn spine.
Die Hebräerin am Putztische und Als Braut, A. Th. Hartmann. Amsterdam: Kunst- und Industrie Comptoir, 1809. German. Volume two.
"The Jewish Woman at the Toilet-table, and as Bride", a monograph about customs of Jewish women and Jewish brides, by the German orientalist and theologian Anton Theodor Hartmann. Accompanied by seven engravings depicting women's dresses and jewelry from the east.
 leaves, 538 pp,  leaf, +  engraving plates, numbered 2 to 8, 15.5 cm. Good condition. Foxing. Leather spine and corners to binding.
Two books about Jewish history and Jews in France, Spain and Italy. French.
1. Three books bound together:
* État des juifs en France, en Espagne et en Italie, depuis le commencement du cinquième siècle de l'ère vulgaire jusqu'a la fin du seizième, sous les divers rapports du droit civil, du commerce et de la littérature. [Jews in France, Spain and Italy, since the 5th century until the end of the 16th century, study of various subjects, civil rights, commerce and literature], by Charles-Joseph Bail. Paris: Alexis Aymery, 1823.
xi, , 203 pp,  leaf.
* Histoire des Juifs depuis la Destruction de Jerusalem jusqu'a ce Jour, Charles Malo. Paris: Leroux, 1826. French.
viii, 548 pp.
* -Mémoires sur l'état des Israélites dédiés et présentés a leurs Majestés Impériales et Royales, réunies au Congrès d'Aix-la-Chapelle, [Bertram Lavigne]. Paris: De l'Imprimérie de Firmin Didot, 1819.
78,  pp.
20 cm. Good condition. Stains. damage to binding.
2. Les Juifs en France, en Italie et en Espagne, recherches sur leur état depuis leur dispersion jusqu'à nos jours sous le rapport de la législation, de la littérature et du commerce [Jews in France, Spain and Italy since their dispersion until our days, study of legislations, literature and commerce]. By [Jassuda] Bédarride. Paris: Michel Lévy frères, 1867. Bound with dust jacket, dated 1860.
, viii, 612,  pp, 22 cm. Good condition. Stains. New binding.
Der Koran oder, Das Gesetz der Moslemen durch Muhammed den sohn Abdallahs, German translation of the Quran by Samuel Friedrich Gunther. Halle, 1828.
xcvi, 784 pp +  folding plate, 21 cm. Good condition.
Gallerie der ausgezeichnetsten Israeliten aller Jahrhunderte, by Eugen Grafen Breza and Richard Otto Spazier. Stuttgart: Fr. Brodhag'sche Buchhandlung. 1835.
Biographies of famous Jews, including Moses Mendelssohn, Rabbi Yehonatan Eibeschitz, Spinoza, Heinrich Heine. Eleven portrait-plates of the different personalities such as Rabbi Jonathan Eibeschitz, Spinoza, and Rehoboam King of Juda.
126 pp +  portrait-plates. 28 cm. Good condition. Wear. Stains.
Die Emancipation der Juden ein Nachtrag zu meiner Schrift, Einsetzung der Bekenner des jüdischen Glaubens in die Rechte der Menschheit [emancipation of Jews, composition written as a supplement to a previous book by the author], by E.C. von Gortz, Quedlinburg – Leipzig: Gottfr. Basse, 1836.
Vi, , 88 pp. 20 cm. Good condition. Stains. Some dark pages. Rebound.
Report on the Experiment on Gunpowder Made at Washington Arsenal in 1843 and 1844, Captain Alfred Mordecai. Published by J. and G. S. Gideon.
Military report on experiments with gunpowder at the Washington arsenal. Alfred Mordechai was a Jewish officer in the US army, commander of the central military arms arsenal in Washington and of the first to systematically and scientifically develop arms in the US army. Mordechai, who was born in North Carolina, retired from the army when the Civil War broke out.
viii, 328 pp, IV plates with technical drawings, two out of which are double. Good condition, foxing. Worn corners to binding, spine detached on one side and partly missing.
Six books by Rabbi Shimshon Raphael Hirsch, some are early editions.
* Jüdische Anmerkungen zu den Bemerkungen eines Protestanten über die Confession der 22 Bremischen Pastoren. Published by Gerhard Stalling. Oldenburg, 1841. German.
* Zweite Mittheilungen aus einem Briefwechsel über die Neueste Jüdische Literatur. Published by Johann Friedrich Hammerich. Altona, 1844. German.
* Offener Brief an Se. Ehrwürden Herrn Distrikts-Rabbiner S. B. Bamberger in Würzburg. Published by S. Kauffmann. Frankfurt, 1877. German.
* Über die Beziehung des Talmuds zum Judenthum und zu der sozialen Stellung seiner Bekenner. Published by J. Kauffmann. Frankfurt, 1884. German.
* Der Jüdische Sabbath. Published by S. Kauffmann. Frankfurt, 1908. German.
* Unsere Aufgabe. Published by J. Kauffmann. Frankfurt, . German.
Size and condition vary.
1. Der austritt aus der gemeinde, by Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch. Frankfurt am Main, 1876. German.
First edition of the pamphlet in which Rabbi Hirsch published his well-known concept supporting separation between orthodox and reform congregations. Rabbi Bamberger opposed decisively Hirsch's attitude and instructed his disciples to adhere to the general congregations as long as the religious needs of the orthodox are answered.
19 pp. fair-good condition. Loose leaves.
2. Two publications by Rabbi Yitzhak Dov Bamberger, written in response to Rabbi Hirsch's stance regarding separation of the Orthodox community from the Reform community. Rabbi Bamberger was a firm oppose of Rabbi Hirsch's approach and instructed his followers to remain members of the general communities as long as they are given freedom of religion.
* Offener Brief an Sr. Ehrwürden Herrn Distrikts-Rabbiner S.B. Bamberger in Würzburg, by Rabbi Yitzchak Dov Bamberger. Frankfurt am Main, 1877. German.
1-22, 27-28 leaves. 4 leaves are lacking (23-26). Fair condition. Detached leaves. Tears not affecting text. Wear.
* Offene Antwort des Distrikts-Rabbiners Seeligmann Baer Bamberger, by Rabbi Yitzchak Dov Bamberger. Wuerzburg, 1877. German.
27 leaves. Fair-poor condition. Detached leaves. Tears affecting text. Wear.
Atzat Shalom, Der Rath des Heils: eine Mitgabe für das ganze Leben an den israelitischen Confirmanden (Bar Mizwah) und die israelitische oder beim Anstritt and ser Schule, Dr. Ludwig Philippson. Published by Baumgärtner. Leipzig, 1867. German. Dr. Ludwig Philippson was a reform rabbi, founder and editor of a Jewish paper, translator of the Bible into German and author of religious philosophic books and historic novels. This book is a guide book in German for a Bar-Mitzvah boy.  leaves, 303 [1[ pp. 18.5 cm. Good condition. Title with color illustration in lithographic printing and a frontispiece engraving. Foxing. Gilt edges. Original binding, with gilded decorations. Slight wear to binding.
"Sefer Yetzirah": a book on creation, or, The Jewish Metaphysics of Remote Antiquity, Rev. Dr. Isidor Kalisch. New-York: L.H. Frank & Co., 1877. Hebrew and English. Bound with: A sketch of the Talmud: the world renowned collection of Jewish traditions, Rev. Dr. Isidor Kalisch. New-York: L.H. Frank & Co., 1877. English. Two books by Rev. Dr. Isidor Kalisch: Sefer Yetzirah is the first Jewish book to deal with Metaphysics (Torat HaSod). Attributed to Abraham the Patriarch and discussing the secrets of creation. This is the first English translation, by the reform rabbi Dr. Isidor Kalisch. Bound with the book "A Sketch of the Talmud", also by Dr. Isidor Kalisch – short composition about Talmud and its importance, with passages from the Talmud. 57 pp; 38 pp, 19 cm. Good condition. Stains, age-stains. Detached end papers. Gilt edges. Original binding with some wear.
Facsimiles of Hebrew manuscripts in the Bodleian Library, illustrating the various forms of rabbinical characters, with transcription by Adolf Neubauer. Printed by Clarendon, Oxford, 1886.
Portfolio with 40 facsimile plates of Hebrew manuscripts in the Bodleian Library with an introduction and 40 transcription plates by Adolf (Abraham) Neubauer (1831-1907), orientalist, bibliographer and librarian, served as deputy manager of the Bodleian Library.
 leaves + [XL] facsimile plates, [XL] transcription plates, 51X38 cm. Good-fair condition. Foxing. Wear at margins of plates. Damage to portfolio.
Die hebraeischen Uebersetzungen des Mittelalters und die Juden als Dolmetscher. Ein Beitrag zur Literaturgeschichte des Mittelalters, meist nach handschriftlichen Quellen, Moritz Steinschneider. Berlin: Kommissionsverlag des Bibliographischen Bureaus, 1893.
Limited edition of 300 copies.
Comprehensive monograph by bibliographer Moritz Steinschneider about Hebrew translations in the middle Ages and about Jews as translators.
xxxiv, 1077 leaves. 25 cm. Good condition. Slight staining. Inscriptions on endpaper and on title page. Original binding.
Collection of essays and publications concerning Assyriology and "Babel and the Bible". [Europe], 1894-1905. A volume with about 11 essays and publications bound together. Some were delivered as lectures and were printed afterwards. The essays concern assyriology and the culture of Babel and the Bible. Most essays refer to the series of publications by Assyriology scholar Friedrich Delitzsch – "Babel and the Bible", in which he claimed that the source of the Book of Genesis is found in ancient Babylonian myths. These publications led to polemic reactions on the part of scholars, rabbis and theologians. Among the essays is one composed by Delitzsch himself. 11 essays bound together. Average size: 23 cm. Good-fair condition. Stains and wear. Damage to binding.
Hebrew Illuminated Bibles of the IXth and Xth Centuries: (Codices or. Gaster, nos. 150 and 151); and a Samaritan scroll of the law of the XIth century (codex or. Gaster, no. 350). Together with eight plates of facsimiles of these manuscripts and of fragments from the Geniza in Egypt, published for the first time, M. Gaster. Published by Harisson and Sons, London, 1901. English.
The book focuses on the historic and artistic aspects of illuminated manuscripts of the bible from the ninth and tenth centuries and fragments from the Cairo Genizah. Eight color facsimiles of illuminated manuscripts of the bible and of a Samaritan bible appear at the end of the book.
52 pp, VIII facsimiles (two double-page facsimiles), 35.5 cm. Wide margins. Good condition. Foxing and age-related stains. Stained binding, spine slightly unraveled.
Répertoire des articles relatifs à l'histoire et à la littérature juives, parus. Published by P. Geuthner. Paris, 1914-1923.
A bibliography book with a detailed record of Hebrew publications between the years 1665 until 1900.
 leaf, VI, 539 pp, 25 cm. Very good condition. Wear to lower edges of leaves. One partly unopened sheet.
Encyclopaedia Judaica, das Judentum in Geschichte und Gegenwart, Jackob Klatzkin, Ismar Elbogen. Berlin: Eschkol, [1928-1934]. German.
Many photographs and illustrations, some in color, accompany the texts.
10 volumes. 29 cm. Good condition. Damage to some bindings and spines.
Psalmen und Gebete, in der ubersetzung aus dem hebraischen, Toby Cohn. Publisher not indicated. [Germany], 1930. German and some Hebrew.
 leaves, 24 cm. Good condition. Stains. Cloth covered binding.
Die Schrift, 12 volumes out of the German translation of the Bible by Martin Buber and Franz Rosenzweig. Schocken Press, Berlin, [1928-1937?].
* 11 separate volumes: Bereshit, Shmot, VaYikra, Bamidbar, Devarim, Yehoshua, Shoftim, Shmuel, Melachin, Tehilim, Mishlei.
* Volume containing: Nevi'im Achronim (Yesha'ayahu, Yirmiyahu, Yehezkel) and Trei Assar (Hoshea, Yoel, Amos, Ovadia, Yona, Micha, Nachum, Havakuk, Tzefania, Hagai, Zecharia and Malachi). Ink stamp "Misifrei Keren Schocken".
12 books. 19.5 cm. Good overall condition. Some stains.
Aus der praxis einer wiener offizin, zwölf ausgewählte schriftgarmituren der Buchdruckerei Jahoda & Siegel in ihrer Anwendung. Vienna, . German. Promotional booklet of Jewish printers Jahoda & Siegel, with many typographic samples.
 leaves, 24 cm. Good condition. Stains. Original binding slightly damaged, restored tears to front.
Collection of booklets published by Schocken, about Jewish literature and holidays, among them:
* Aus midrasch und agada, part I and part II – two booklets, by Micha Yosef Berdichevsky. Berlin, 1934.
* Der Freiheitskampf der Makkabäer, by Felix Grajew. Berlin, 1934.
* Liberales Judentum, by Max Dienemann. Berlin, 1935.
* Berthold Auerbach: eine Auswahl aus seinen Schriften, by Elias Gut. Berlin, 1935.
* Chanukkah, ein Quellenheft, by Eliezer Hermann. Berlin, 1937.
* Sukkot und Simchat Tora, by Eliezer Hermann. Berlin, 1937.
12 booklets. Size varies. Booklets were not thoroughly examined – sold AS IS.
Mishna Arucha. Amsterdam, October 1939.
"Mishnah, vowelized, translated into Dutch, with commentaries by Shimon Hemelburg". Part II, Seder Mo'ed. Printed in pamphlets format. Upon the outbreak of World War II, printing of the edition was ceased and eventually only the second part was published. In 1990 two additional parts were printed, published by NIK – (Nederlands- Israelietisch Kerkgenootschap) - Jewish Community in Amsterdam (also translated into Dutch with commentary by Hemelburg(.
Margins bear glosses in pencil, in Hebrew and Dutch. Includes two printed leaves in Dutch regarding subscribers' payments, February and April 1938.
VII, 621,  pp. Good condition. Not bound, contained in dismantled cardboard folder.
Humanistisches Judentum, Erbe und Aufgabe, G. H.-Shikmoni. Private edition, by C. Ullman. Haifa, 1948. Huamanistic Judaism, essay by philosopher Georg Hertz-Shikmoni. Introduction by Albert Einstein. Private edition, stenciled.  leaves, 25 pp, 32 cm. Fair-good condition. Open tears to corners of binding. Spine partly detached.
The Odd-Fellows' offering, for 1850, by fraternity's members, New-York: Edward Walker, 1850. Annual publication for the year 1850 with various literary writings by the members of The Odd Fellows fraternity. Some writings and pictures refer to biblical verses and episodes such as the Parting of the Red Sea and Jewish subjects such as the Shabbath. The book is accompanied by prints and a special title page in color lithographic printing. 298 pp,  plates including a color lithograph title page. Gilt edges. 21.5 cm. Good condition. Stains, foxing. Original binding with gilded decorations. Damage and wear to binding.
1. Erich Mendelssohn, Das Gesamtschaffen des Architekten. Skizzen. Entwurfe. Bauten Berlin: Rudolf Mosse, 1930.
Semi-autobiographic work: "Entire work of architect Erich Mendelsohn. Sketches, plans and buildings", with photographs and sketches of his works.
251,  pp, 24 cm. Good-fair condition. Worming. Stains. Binding slightly loose.
2. Eric Mendelsohn, 1887-1953. No publisher indicated. USA, 1955.
Portfolio with 32 print-plates, artistic sketches of Erich Mendelsohn's works. Description and date printed on verso. Copy no. 175/500.
 plates, 38 cm. good condition. Worn cover, open tears.
Collection of books and booklets in German, printed in Eretz Israel, mostly from the 1940s-50s.
* Mädchen auf der Couch, Friedlander Ali, illustrations by Ina Blass, Tel-Aviv, 1947.
* Schädelbruch: eine metaphysiologische Entwicklung in 12 Stationen Vogel Manfred, junge dichtung. Jerusalem, 1943.
* die anti-nibelungen 8 europa-visionen, Vogel Manfred, junge dichtung. Jerusalem, 1945.
* Else lasker-schuler, Vogel Manfred. Refta, Tel-Aviv, 1945.
* Der vertraümte Tag; Gedichte, Levy Walter, Jerusalem, 1941. Signed by the author.
* Die ausrottung der juden im besetzeten Holland, Harari Jacob. Irgon olei merkas Europa, Tel-Aviv, 1944.
* Der logische positivismus und das existenzproblem der höheren ideen, Siman Baruch, Tel-Aviv, 1950.
* Lieder der talita, Hyrkanos Devora. Jerusalem: Tarshish, 1956.
* Gedichte, Isaak Leo Simson, Tel-Aviv, 1964.
* Gedichte, Less Berta. Jerusalem, 1941.
* Wahre begebenheiten aus dem leben der grossen israels, Rabbiner Dr. Guttmann T. [Theodor]. awir Jakob, Jerusalem, 1955.
* Das Mašal-Gleichnis in tannaitischer Zeit, Rabbiner DR. Guttmann T. [Theodor], author's draft of the book.
* Mit schoenhit befleckt zehn gedichte, Vrenski Fjodor. Jerusalem, 1940.
Numbered copy 87/100, signed.
* Mit schoenhit befleckt zehn gedichte, Vrenski Fjodor. Author's draft of the book, corrections in pencil.
4 books and booklets. Size and condition vary. Good-fair overall condition, torn cover to one booklet.
Books were not thoroughly checked and are sold As Is.
Seven books and composition concerning various aspects of Jewish life in Austria and in the Austro-Hungarian empire in the second half of the 19th century:
* Die Juden und die Judenstadt in Wien, Fragmente, Realis. Vienna, 1846. German. Foxing.
* Die göttliche Offenbarung des 18-ten Februar's: feierlicher Gottesdienst, aus Anlass der glücklichen Rettung seiner geheiligten Majestät des Kaisers und Königs Franz Josephs des Ersten, Leopold Low. Szegedin (Hungary): J. J. Grünn, 1853. German.
* Inschriften des alten jüdischen Friedhofes in Wien, Ludwig August Frankl, Vienna, 1855. Most of the book is in Hebrew, part in German. Non-consecutive pagination, one leaf probably lacking.
* Vom ersten bis zum zweiten Tempel. Geschichte der Israelitischen Cultusgemeinde in Wien (1820-1860), Gerson Wolf. Vienna: Wilhelm Braumuller, 1861. German.
* Shir Chnukat HaBeyit……… Meʼir Ḳohn Bisṭriṭts. Vienna, 1870. Short pamphlet in honor of a house warming.
* Die jüdischen Friedhöfe und die "Chewra Kadischa" (fromme Bruderschaft) in Wien, Gerson Wolf. Vienna: Alfred Holder, 1879. German.
* Jüdische lehre und jüdisches leben: mit besonderer Beziehung auf die Juden in Oesterreich und auf die Pflichten gegen Vaterland und Mitmenschen, Joseph Ritter von Wertheimer. Vienna: A. Hölder, 1883. German.
7 books and booklets. Size and condition vary.
Books were not thoroughly examined and are sold As Is.
Seven books and booklets about incunabula and early prints:
* Les incunables orientaux et les impressions orientales au commencement du 16e. siècle, Moise Schwab. Paris: L. Techener, 1883. French.
* Dei Soncino, celebri tipografi italiani nei secoli XV XVI con elenco delle opera da essi date alla luce, Moise Soave. Venice: Gaetano Longo, 1878. Italian.
* Un incunabolo ebraico spagnuolo del 1476 nella Biblioteca capitolare di Verona, Isaiah Sonne, Biblioteca capitolare di Verona. Glorence: Bibliofilia, 1937. Printout. Dedication by the author Yesha'ayahu Sonne to Joseph Klausner. Italian.
* Hebrew incunables; a collection of books printed in the fifteenth century in Italy, Spain, Portugal and Turkey, Catalogue No 80. New-York: D. Frankel & Sons, . English.
* Incunables about Jews and Judaism, A. Freimann, Reprinted from Essays presented to J.H. Hertz, London, 1943 [no printing location], [1943?]. English.
* Hebrew incunabula and early Hebrew printers: (paper given by Jacob M. Lowy at the Institute of Judaica at the Shaar Hashomayim Congregation, Montreal, held in November 1965). [Montreal], . English.
* Hebrew incunabula in public collections - a first international census, A. K. Offenberg, C. Moed-Van Walraven. Nieuwkoop (Holland): De Graaf, 1990. English.
7 books and booklets. Size and condition vary.
Collection of books and booklets in German about bibliography, periodicals and general research. Among the books:
* Die neuerworben handschriftlichen hebräischen Werke der k.k. Hofbibliothek zu Wien: beschreiben sammt Ergänzungen zum Krafft'schen Catalog, J. Goldenthal. Vienna: Wilhelm Braumuller, 1851.
* Albert Altjüdische Denkmäler aus der Krim, Mitgetheilt von Abraham Firkowitsch Harkavy (1839-1872). St. Petersburg: Imps. De l'Acad, 1876.
* Ch. D. Lippe's bibliographisches lexicon der gesammten juedischen und Theologisch-Rabbinischen Literatur der Gegenwart: mit Einschluss der Schriften ueber Juden und Judentum. Vienna: Selbstverlag, 1899. A Hebrew title page was added: "a collection which mentions a list…of all the books… published…" (Hebrew).
* Katalog der Salo Cohn'schen schenkungen, Bernhard Wachstein. Vienna: Gilhofer & Ranschburg, 1911. Facing the title page additional title page in Hebrew: " …list of books bought by R' Shlomo ben Menachem… from the estate of …Duber Wachstein."
* Die hebräische presse; werdegang und entwicklungstendenzen, Josef Lin. Berlin: Jalkut g.m.b.h., 1928.
* Das jüdische Buch im dritten Reich, Volker Dahm. Frankfurt am Main: Buchhändler- Vereinigung, 1979-1981. Two volumes.
About 26 books and booklets.
Books were not thoroughly examined and are sold As Is.
Four books and catalogues about outstanding book bindings. Numerous pictures and photographs of book bindings appear in all of the books:
* Leben und Werk Jakob Krauses, im Auftrage des Heimatwerkes Sachsen, Ilse Schunke. Leipzig: Insel Verlag, .
* Kurt Londenberg Bucheinbände, Kurt Londenberg, Hans Adolf Halbey. [Offenbach am Main]: Klingspor-Museum Offenbach, 1965.
* London book binders 1780-1840, Charles Ramsden. London: B.T. Batsford, 1956.
* Moderne künstlerische Handeinbände aus der Werkstätte von Hübel & Denck. Leipzig: Hübel & Denck, 1914. Copy out of an edition of 1100 copies. Fine catalogue published by Hübel & Denck with mounted photographs of books published by this publishing house in bibliophilic editions and bound with special bindings.
4 books. Size and condition vary.
Collection of books about the beginning of printing, German and French.
* Die Bücher-Ornamentik der Renaissance: eine Auswahl stylvoller Titeleinfassungen, Initialen, Leisten, Vignetten und Druckerzeichen hervorragender Italienischer, Deutscher u. Französischer Officinen aus der Zeit der Fruhrenaissance. Nach der eigenen Sammlung Herausgegeben und Erlautert, A. F. Butch. Published by G. Hirtz. Leipzig, 1878. German.
* Das erste gedruckte Buch Gutenbergs in deutscher Sprache, Johs. Neuhaus. Published by Simon Bernsteens Verlag. Berllin, 1902. German.
* Die illustrierten Historienbücher des 15. Jahrhunderts: ein Beitrag zur Geschichte des Formschnittes, Dr. Leo Baer. Published by J.H.E. Heitz (Heitz & Mündel). Strassburg, 1903. German.
* Incunabula xylographica et typographica 1455-1500: catalogue 585, Joseph Baer & Co. Published by Joseph Bael & Co. Frankfurt, 1910. German, French.
Folding printed plates, facsimiles.
* Die deutschen drucker des fünfzehnten jahrhunderts, Ernst Voulliéme. Published by Reichsdruckerei. Berlin, 1922. German.
* Incunabula Typographica, A descriptive Catalogue of the books printed in The Fifteenth Century, in the library of Henry Walters. No publisher's name mentioned. Baltimore, 1906. English, Latin, French.
Fine leather binding, with Fleur-de-lis relief, frontispiece color facsimile. On the inside of the back binding – gilded binder's seal - Cesare Tartaglie e Figlio, Florence.
* Die drucker- und verlegerzeichen Italiens im XV. Jahrhundert, Max Joseph Husung. Published by Verlag der Münchener drucke. Munich, 1929. German.
Portfolio with introduction, explanations and 111 printed plates and facsimiles.
Six books and a portfolio, size and condition vary.
Books were not thoroughly checked and are sold As Is.
Books and various compositions about bibliophilia, typography and bindings.
* Catalogue of a highly important collection of books printed entirely upon vellum, produced in England or on the continent of Europe between the years 1502 and 1878, J. Pearson & Co., E. Gordon Duff. [Published by J. Peason & Co.], London, [1916?]. English.
* Katalog der büchersammlung Leopold Hirschberg; eine ergänzung zu dessen Erinnerungen eines bibliophile, Leopold Hirschberg. Published by Bibliophiler Verlag, O. Goldschmidt-Gabrielli. Berllin, 1920. German. Complementary book for "Erinnerungen eines Bibliophilen".
* A Tipografia Hebraica em Portugal no Século XV, Moses Bensabat Amzalak. Published by Imprensa da Universidade. Coimbra, 1922. Portuguese. Copy no. 59 out of 150. Signed.
* Erinnerungen eines Bibliophilen, Leopold Hirschberg. Published by Bibliophiler Verlag, O. Goldschmidt-Gabrielli. Berlin, . German. Signed and numbered copy, no. 107 out of an edition of 200 copies.
* Über hebraische Typen und Schriftarten, Rafael Frank. Berlin, 1926/ German. Numbered copy, 120 out of 500.
* Schriftproben der Offizin Haag-Drugulin A.-G. [Published by Offizin Haag-Drugulin]. Leipzig, 1929. German.
* Bucheinbände. Bookbindings, historical and decorative. [Published by Joseph Baer & Co.]. Frankfurt, [1930?]. German.
* Nachtrag zur Schriftprobe der Offizin Haag-Drugulin AG. Leipzig, 1930, 1933. German. Two volumes.
* Die frakturschriften der Offizin Haag-Drugulin AG. [Published by Offizin Haag-Drugulin]. Leipzig, 1935. German.
* Idishe tipogrfye un bukj-oysarbetung kunst, Dr. Herman Frank. Published by Idisher shriftzetser union. New York, 1938. Yiddish.
* The History of Bookbinding, 525-1950 A.D., an Exhibition Held at the Baltimore Museum of Art. Published by The Trustees of the Walters Art Gallery. Baltimore, 1957. English.
12 books. Size and condition vary.
Books were not thoroughly checked and are sold As Is.
Collection of books about printing, typography and collecting books as a hobby and as a profession.
* Umriss einer Fachkunde für Büchersammler, Gustav Adolf Erich Bogeng. Published by Max Horowitz. Berlin, 1909-1911. German.
* Vierteljahrsschrift für angewandte Bücherkunde, Gustav Adolf Erich Bogeng. Published by Max Horowitz. Berlin, 1918-1922. German.
Quarterly for book collectors. Issues of every year are bound without the cardboard covers and the these were bound separately in three groups throughout the volume.
* Ubdruck von denjenigen Röslein und Zierrathen, Johann Tomas Trattnern. Vienna, 1760. Published by Jahoda & Siegel. Vienna, 1927. German.
Facsimile copy of an album for typography and decorations from the eighteenth century. Introduction on a separate unbound signature. Copy no. 1 out of 200 copies.
* Die Handpresse, Ch. H. Kleukens. Published by Ernst Ludwig Presse, Darmstadt, 1926. German.
Essay about the manual printing press in a fine edition of 125 copies.
* Zur Entwicklung der deutschen Gebrauchsgraphik, Walter von zur Westen. Printed by Otto V. Holten. Berlin, 1927. German.
Facsimiles and prints. A bibliophile edition printed in one hundred and fifty copies. Copy no. 65.
Size and condition vary.
Books were not thoroughly checked and are sold As Is.
Six books about gold, silver and platinum hallmarks in different countries:
* English goldsmiths and their marks; a history of the goldsmiths and plate workers of England, Scotland, and Ireland, Charles James Jackson. New-York: Dover Publications, 1921. English.
* Dictionnaire des poinçons officiels français & [et] étrangers, anciens & [et] modernes, Emile Beuque. Paris: F. de Nobele. 1962. French. Two volumes.
* Dictionnaire des poinçons officiels français & [et] étrangers, anciens & [et] modernes, Emile Beuque. Paris: De Nobele, 1964. French.
* Verzeichnis der russischen Gold-und Silbermarken, B. Rothmund, Slavisches Institut München. Munich: Slavisches Institut, 1971. German.
* Die Kunst der Augsburger Goldschmiede, 1529-1868: Meister, Marken, Werke, Helmut Seling. Munich: C.H. Beck, 1980. German. Three volumes.
* Jackson's silver & gold marks of England, Scotland & Ireland, edited by Ian Pickford. Published by Antique Collectors' Club, Woodbridge, Suffolk (East England), 1989. English.
6 books in 9 volumes. Size varies. Good condition.
Books were not thoroughly examined and are sold As Is.
Seven books about pewter objects and pewter hallmarks:
* Nürnberger Zinn, Erwin Hintze. Leipzig: Klinkhardt & Biermann, 1921. German.
* Russisches Zinn, Johnnes Gahlnback. Leipzig: Hiersemann, 1928. German and Russian.
* Böhmisches Zinn und seine Marken, Friedrich Tischer. Leipzig: Karl. W. Hiersemann, 1928. German. Foxing.
* Das Buch vom Zinn, Amoldus J. G. Verster. Hannover: Das Buch vom Zinn, Amoldus J. G. Verster, 1963. German.
* Markenzeichen auf Zinn, Dagmar Stara. Prague: Artia, 1977. Index of pewter hallmarks. German.
* Zinn, die ganze Welt des Zinns, von den Anfängen bis ins 19 Jahrhundert, Philippe Boucaud, Claude Fregnac. Published by Office du Livre, Scherz Verlag, Fribourg, Bern and München, 1978. German.
* Zinn nach altem Vorbild, Beitrag der Familie Weygang zum historischen Handwerk und Fortführung traditioneller Formen in der Gegenwart, Reto Niggl, Feinzinngiesserei und Drechslerei August Weygang. Munich-Paris: Schneider-Henn, 1983. German.
7 books. Size and condition vary.
Books were not thoroughly examined and are sold As Is.
Eight books about the history of the Bauhaus style and its influence on architecture, design and art:
* Die Bauhaus-Mappen "Neue europäische Graphik", 1921-23, Heinz Peters. Cologne: C. Czwiklitzer, 1957.
* Die Mappenwerke "Neue europäische Graphik", Hans Maria Wingler, Published by [F. Kupferberg], [Mainz], 1965. German.
* Das Bauhaus: 1919-1933; Weimar, Dessau, Berlin und die Nachfolge in Chicago seit 1937, Hans M. Wingler. Published by DuMont; Bramsche, Rasch, 1975. German.
* Bauhaus Utopien Arbeiten auf Papier, Wulf Herzogenrath, Stefan Kranus. Published by Cantz, [Stuttgart], . German.
* The Bauhaus, masters & students by themselves, Frank Witford, Julia Engelhardt. Woodstock-New-York: The Overlook Press, 1993. English.
* Women's work: textile art from the Bauhaus, Sigrid Wortmann Weltge. San Francisco: Chronicle Books, 1993. English.
* Bauhaus, 1919-1933, Magdelena Droste. Cologne: B. Taschen, 1998. English.
* Bauhaus, Jeannine Fiedler, Peter Feierabend. Cologne: Könemann, 1999. German.
8 books. Size and condition vary.
Books were not thoroughly examined and are sold As Is.
Three books about the art of ceramic and porcelain, with numerous pictures:
* Sammlung Darmstaedter Berlin, Europäisches Porzellan des XVIII. Jahrhunderts, Ludwig Schnorr von Carolsfeld. Berlin: Rudolph Lepke's Kunst-Auctions-Haus, 1933. Large and luxurious auction catalogue, with vellum spine. German.
* European ceramic art, from the end of the Middle Ages to about 1815, William Bowyer Honey. London: Faber and Faber, [1949-1952]. Two volumes. English. Inscriptions by hand on the book's leaves.
* Porzellanmaler Lexikon, 1840 - 1914, ein Handbuch für Sammler und Liebhaber, Waltraud Neuwirth. Braunschweig (Germany): Klinkhardt et Biermann, 1977.
3 books in 5 volumes. Size and condition vary.
Books were not thoroughly examined and are sold As Is.
Five books about Morocco from different angles – photographs of views and people, art, jewelry, dishes and more:
* Le Maroc, Edmundo De Amicis, traduit de l'italien avec l'autorisation de l'auteur par Henri Belle. Paris; Hachette, 1882. French. Journey in Morocco, illustrations. Decorated leather binding. Significant foxing.
* Nordafrika, Tripolis, Tunis, Algier, Marokko, Baukunst, Landschaft, Volksleben, Ernst Kuhnel. Berlin: Verlag Ernst Wasmuth, 1924. Photography book in black and white depicting North African countries. German.
* La décoration marocaine; cinquante-quatre planches accompagnées d'une préface et d'une table descriptive, Joseph de La Neziere. Paris: Librarie des Arts Decoratifs Calavas, [1925?]. French. Plates depicting dishes, fabrics and jewelry. Detached cover boards, torn spine.
* Le Costume au Maroc, par Gabriel-Rousseau. Paris: Le Boccard, 1938. French. Portfolio with pamphlets, with texts and illustrations of costumes and garments mounted on the leaves.
* Bijoux arabes et berbères du Maroc, Jean Besanceno. Casablanca: Éditions de la Cigogne, . Portfolio with pamphlets and plate-sheets with illustrations of Arab jewelry designed by the artist Jean Besancenot, with captions. Reproduction of a drawing in color facing the title page.
5 books. Size and condition vary.
Books were not thoroughly examined and are sold As Is.
* Die Holzmöbel der Sammlung Figdor, Dr. Hans Stegmann. Published by von Artaria & Co. Vienna, 1907. German.
A sales cataloge with details about the wood furniture of Dr. Albert Figdor, a private Jewish-Austrian collector. The collection consists of rare items from the Renaissance and forward. In 1891 Dr. Figdor offered to donate his collections of art and Judaica to the art museum in Vienna but being Jewish, he was refused. Over the years, the collections were sold to collectors and museums worldwide. Some items of the Judaica Collection reached the Jewish Museum in Vienna. Leather and marbled paper binding.
, 122 pp, 33 cm. Fair-good condition. Age-related stains. Several leaved stuck to each other. Ex Libris.
* Photograph album of the collection furniture on display with a photograph of Dr. Albert Figdor at the beginning, leather binding, gilt edges. Bound by Fred Bakala and signed with gold embossing on the inner side of the binding.
 leaf,  picture mounted on album leaves, 33 cm. Very good condition. Cardboard leaves somewhat wavy. Spine partly torn.
Literature: Style and Seduction: Jewish Patrons, Architecture, and Design in Fin de Siécle Vienna, Elana Shapira. Published by Brandeis University Press, 2016.
Katalog des Jüdischen Kulturbundes in Deutschland E. V. Abteilung Published by Abteilung Verlag. Germany, [193?]. German.
Catalogue for Torah writings and works by Jewish authors, published by the associations for Jewish culture in Germany. Ten chapters, dedicated to genres like religious texts, non-fiction books, children's books, plays, music etc.
K chapters, no chapter I, varying pagination for each chapter, 29 cm. Fair-good condition. Stains. Tears. Open tears. Rebound.
Various catalogues and various bibliographic books concerned mainly or partially with Jewish, Hebrew and Samaritan books and with Jewish history. * Descriptive List of the Hebrew and Samaritan MSS. in the British Museum, G. Margoliouth, B.A. Published by Oxford University Press. London, 1893. English. * Magna Bibliotheca Anglo-Judaica, A Bibliographcal Guide to Anglo-Jewish History, Cecil Roth. Published by Jewish Historical Society of England, University College. London, 1937. English. * Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, G. Margoliouth, M.A… Published by Oxford Univerisy Press. London, 1935. English. * Bibliografia Geral Portuguesa, Seculo XV, Academia das Ciências de Lisboa. Published by Imprensa Nacional de Lisboa. Lisbon, 1942. Portuguese. Two volumes. * The Brooklyn Museum Aramaic papyri; New Documents of the Fifth Century B.C. from the Jewish Colony at Elephantine, Emil G. Kraeling. Published by Lowe & Brydone. London, 1965. English. Three volumes out of four. * Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, G. Margoliouth, M.A.. London: Lowe & Brydone Press, 1965. English. Three volumes out of four. * Annales Hebraeo-typographici seculi XV et ab anno 1501 ad 1540. Descripsit et instruxit fuso commentario notisque historicis-criticis illustravit cum indicibus alphabeticis auctorum et operum, John. Bern. De Rossi. Facsimile. Published by Philo Press. Amsterdam, 1969. Latin. * Catalogue des Manuscrits marocains de la Collection Klagsbald, Victor Klagsbald. Published by Éditions du Centre national de la recherche scientifique. Paris, 1980. French and Hebrew. 11 books and booklets. Size and condition vary. Books were not thoroughly checked and are sold As Is.
Catalogue of the permanent and loan collections of the Jewish Museum, London, edited by R. D. Barnett. Stephen Austin and Sons, London, 1974.
Catalogue divided according to topics: synagogues, holidays, Jewish life cycle, books and manuscripts. Includes detailed records of exhibits and more than two hundred photo-plates in color and in black and white.
184, XXVI pp + [CCVII] plates, 29.5 cm. Good condition. Some wear and small tears to dust jacket.
Collection of catalogues of biblical literature, Hebrew books, books about Judaism and catalogues of Jewish Art objects in libraries and in various collections.
* Oysshtelung fun 181 manuskriptn, inkunablen un andere zeltene oysgaben fun der biblioteke yudaikasimonseniyena in kopenhagen. Published by Galerie Royal. Paris, 1952. Yiddish.
* Hebraica, For the Greater Part from the Library of Late Dr Peritz, Catalogue No. 61. Published by Internationaal Antiquariaat (Menno Hertzberger). Amsterdam, [1930?]. English.
* Judaica im Staatsarchiv Darmstadt, Bd. I, Urkunden 1275-1650, Friedrich Battenberg. Published by Zechnersche Buchdruckerei. Darmstadt, 1981. German.
* Valuation of Hebrew Books in the Library of Mr. J.M. Lowy, Taken for the Purposes of Insurance, Professor Chimen Abramsky. London, . English.
* Panorama of Ancient Letters, Four and a Half Centuries of Hebraica and Judaica, Mitchell M. Kaplan. Published by Academy Photo Offset. New-York, 1942. English.
* Jews' College, London, Centenary Celebration, 1855/5616-1955/5716; Catalogue of an Exhibition of Books by Members of the Academic Staff and Alumni, at the Jews' College Library. London, 1955. English.
* I Teyl. Bikher vegn bikher, yudaika, Yuli Gens. Published by Libris. Tallin, 1939. Russian, German, Yiddish, Hebrew and English.
* Alfei Menashe, Catalogus der Tentoonstelling in het Portugeesch Israëltisch Seminarium Ets Haïm te Amsterdam ter nerinnering aan het Driehonderd-Jarig Jubileum van het eerste door Menasseh Ben Israel te Amsterdam gedrukte Hebreeuwsche Boek, J. S. Da Silva Rosa. Published by Portugeesch Israëlietisch Seminarium Ets Haïm. Amsterdam, 1927. Dutch.
Two copies, one in original wrapper and one in a late binding.
* Jewish Ritual, Gold & Silver & Other Hebraica, Sotheby Parke Bernet Inc. New-York, 1967. English.
* Bibliotheca Manzoniana, catalogue des livres composant la bibliothèque de feu M. le Comte Jacques Manzoni. 2 Catalogues de la bibliothèque de feu M. le Comte Jacques Manzoni, Giuseppe Sangiorgi, Jacques Manzoni. Published by Imprimerie de l'etablissement S. Lapi. Cita de Castello, 1893. French.
* Biblioteca Española-Portuguesa-Judaica, A Catalogue of more than a thousand Printed Books & Mss. by SPpanish & Portuguese authors of Jewish origin. Published by Press of Frank Juckes. Oxford, 19-. English.
* Beit Hasefer, Catalog der reichhaltigen Sammlungen hebräischer und jüdischer Bücher, Handschriften, Kupferstiche, Portraits, etc., M. Roest. Published by Frederik Muller. Amsterdam, 1868. German.
* Gids voor de Tentoonstelling der Bibliotheca Rosenthaliana, ter gelegenheid van het driehonderd-jarig bestaan der Hebreeuwsche typographie in Amsterdam, 1627-1927, [Bibliotheca Rosenthaliana]. Published by Universiteits-Bibliotheek. Amsterdam, 1927. Dutch.
* Bücher vom jüdischen Leben, R. Löwit. Published by R. Löwit. Vienna, [1924?].
* Exhibition of Hebrew Manuscripts and Old Books from the 13th-17th Centuries [Published by Royal Library, Jewish Department]. Copenhagen, 1974. English.
* Catalogue of an exhibition of Hebrew manuscripts and printed books, together with other items of Jewish interest. Manchester, 1958. English.
* Rödelheimer Ausgaben Verlags-Verzeichnis. Published by M. Lehrbeger & Co. Frankfurt, 1928. German.
* Zeitschriftenverzeichnis Judaica, Bestände der Sondersammelgebietsbibliothek. [Published by Die Bibliothek]. Franakfurt, 1984. German.
* Bücher aus verschiedenem Besitz, Hebraica, Judaica, Handschriften, Inkunabeln, Bücher des 16.-20. Jahrhunderts, [J. Kauffmann]. Published by J. Kauffmann Verlag. Frankfurt, 1933. German.
20 books and pamphlets. Size and condition vary.
Books were not thoroughly checked and are sold As Is.
Hebrew and Judaic Manuscripts in Amsterdam Public Collections, L. Fuks, PH.D. and R.G. Fuks-Mansfeld, M.A.. Leiden, 1973, 1975. English.
A two-volume catalogue listing the Hebrew books and manuscripts in Amsterdam libraries. With facsimiles, some in color, including photographs of Ketubot.
1st volume: XIV, 349 pp + 19 facsimiles. 2nd volume: XII, 291 pp + , 11 facsimiles, 26 cm. Very good condition. Two volumes.
Original Illustrations & Cartoons by Arthur Szyk. New-York: Parke-Bernet, 1959-1965.
Five auction catalogues devoted to works by Arthur Szyk. Next to each item appears the final result, inscribed by hand.
Size and condition vary.
Buntpapiere um 1900-1930: Eine Sammlung interessanter Buntpapiere, wie sie im ersten Drittel des 20. Jahrhunderts hergestellt und verwendet wurden. Published by F. & I. Siegenthaler, Paper Art. Muttenz, 1981. German.
Two bound collections of colorful paper samples used in the print industry between 1900-1930. Copies no. 29 and 44 out of 49. Each copy with different papers.
[1 + 49] leaves, 7 pp, 20 cm.; [1 + 43] leaves, 7 pp, 28.5 cm. Very good condition.
Collection of catalogues of Judaica items – Sotheby's auction house, 1980-2015.
16 catalogues. Size and condition vary.
Exquisite Facsimile of the Nuremberg Chronicle. Leipzig: F.W. Hendel, 1933. Facsimile of the German edition of the Nuremberg Chronicle. The chronicle features numerous engravings, including an engraving of Jerusalem. Copy no. 104 (size of edition not indicated).
 leaves, CCLXXXVI pp, 46 cm. Good condition. Stains to binding.
Genesis und Exodus der Wenzelbibel. Austria, 1981. German.
Facsimile of the Books of Genesis and Exodus from the Wenzel Bible, an illuminated manuscript of the German translation of the Bible, prepared for King Wenceslas. The manuscript was created in Prague around the year 1390 and is one of the earliest translations of the Bible into German. The facsimile is printed on vellum-like paper and the illuminations are gilded. Damage and unevenly trimmed leaves reproduced as in the original.
98 leaves, 53 cm. Very good condition. Leather binding. Stained cardboard case.
Weltchronik, Karl der Grosse, Rudolf von Ems, Der Stricker. Published by Faksimile-Verlag. Luzern, [13th century], 1982. Middle- high German.
A facsimile in accurate colors of the Universal Chronicle by Rudolf von Ems, the poet and history writer of the thirteenth century and of "Karl the Great", epic about the life of Karl the Great by an author who is known only by his penname "the knitter", also of the thirteenth century. The facsimile is of a manuscript found in the Abbey Library of St. Gallen, Switzerland, printed on vellum-like paper. Meticulousilluminations, rich in details and gilded as in the original. Uneven leaf edges, damage and tears are reproduced as in the original. Leather binding with inlaid metal buttons, with leather bands and metal clasps. Copy no 524 out of 980 copies.
214 +  leaves; 76,  leaf, 30 cm. Very good condition. Slight rubbings to corners of binding and to spine.
Birkat HaMazon, Complete Facsimile-Edition in Original Size. London: Ceylar Publishing Company Ltd., 1983.
A full color facsimile, in original size, of Birkat HaMazon, Keriat Shema and other blessings in an illuminated manuscript of 1738. Copy no. 169 out of an edition of 1000 copies. A miniature book, leather binding, in a fine cardboard slipcase.
24 leaves, 9 cm. Very good condition.
A narrative of the expedition to Algiers in the year 1816, under the command of the Right Hon. Admiral Lord Viscount Exmouth by Avraham V. Salame. London: J. Murray, 1819. English.
The story of bombarding Algiers from the sea in 1816, when the British and Dutch navies bombarded Algiers from the sea in an attempt to end slavery in Algiers, composed by Avraham V. Salame who documented the battle in great detail and added his commentaries. The author, born in Egypt, mentions briefly in the book his travels in the Mediterranean basin, including Eretz Israel, with references accompanied by engravings to women's costumes including Jewish women.
, clxi, 230,  pp +  folding engraving plates. Author's portrait frontispiece. 21 cm. Good condition. Stains. Leather binding with fine, decorated, spine. Defects to bindings.
Notes, During a Visit to Egypt, Nubia, The Oasis, Mount Sinai and Jerusalem, by Sir Frederick Henniker, Bart. London: John Murray, 1823.
A book recounting the story of Frederick Henniker's travels (1793-1825) to Egypt, Sinai and Jerusalem. An engraving on the title page, an engraving plate in the book and two folding plates: panorama of Jerusalem and Mount Sinai, an engraving by George Hunt after a drawing by the author.
X, , 340 pp +  engraving plate and  folding plates, 22.5 cm. Good-fair condition. Stains. Worming. Wear to margins of leaves. Detached signature.
Bilder Aus dem Heiligen Lande. Vierzig ausgewaehlte Original-Ansichten biblisch-wichtiger Orte treu nach der Natur gezeichnet von J. M. Bernatz, mit erläuterndem texte von G. H. v. Schubert. Stuttgart: J.F. Steinkopf, [circa 1939]. German.
Pictures from the Holy Land; forty biblical views after paintings by J.M. Bernatz, with text by Gotthilf Heinrich von Schubert. 39 lithograph-plates depicting views and sites in Eretz Israel and the vicinity – Damascus, Hebron, Tiberias, Mount Carmel, Nazareth, Mount Tabor, Joseph's Tomb in Nablus, and more. Folding panorama of Sinai.
 leaves +  plates. One plate lacking. 23 cm. Good condition. Significant foxing.
Von New York nach San Francisco: flüchtige Reiseskizzen aus dem Jahre 1869, Ernst Mendelsohn-Bartholdy. Published by Metzger & Wittig. Leipzig, -187-]. German.
A coast-to-coast travel diary, written during a journey in the post-Civil-War United States. Letters of Ernst Mendelsohn-Bartholdy, nephew of the composer Felix Mendelsohn-Bartholdy, who wrote to his parents during his stay in the United States.
 leaves, 192 pp, 22 cm. Good condition. Rubbings to margins of binding.
De Paris a Samarkand. Le Ferghanah, le Kouldja et la Siberie occidentale. Impressions de voyage d' une Parisienne ["From Paris to Samarkand, Fargʻona, Kouldja and West Siberia. Impressions of a Voyage by a Parisian"], by Marie de Ujfalvy-Bourdon. Paris: Librarie Hachette, 1880. French.
Travel book in central Asia with 273 woodcuts and 5 maps (one in color). Prints depict mainly people, costumes, dishes, buildings and landscapes of the countries which the author visited, created by artists such as E. Metzmacher, E. Bayard, E. Ronjat, and more. Frontispiece print with author's portrait. Fine binding, gold-embossed cover.
 leavs,  pp +  print plates, 487 pp, 34 cm. Good-fair condition. Foxing. Partly detached binding with some damage. Gilt edges.
Collection of travel books to Eretz Israel, amongst them:
* Holy Land and the Bible. London, 1887. Map and engravings. English.
* Sinai and Palestine in Connection with Their History. London, 1889. Color maps and engravings. Fine leather binding. English.
* Palestine Past and Present, Pictorial and Descriptive. London-New-York, 1890. Engravings. English.
* In Scripture Lands. London, 1891. Engravings, photographs and maps. English.
* Excavations at Jerusalem 1894-1897. London, 1898. Engravings, illustrations and maps. English.
* My Tour in Palestine and Syria. London-New-York, 1899. Photographs, maps of Jerusalem and Eretz Israel, folded and contained in a pocket mounted on the binding. English.
* The Holy Land. London, 1902. Color illustrations. English.
* Palästina, Leipzig, 1927. Photographs, some in color, elaborate edition. Cover. English.
About 23 books. Size varies. Books were not thoroughly examined – sold AS IS.
Nine travel books to Eretz Israel and the history of Eretz Israel in different periods. Most books contain illustrations and maps:
* Incidents of travel in Egypt, Arabia Petraea, and the Holy Land, by an American by [John L. Stephens]. New-York: Harpers & Brothers, 1840. Second volume only.
* The Nestorians or, the lost tribes containing evidence of their identity by Asahel Grant. New-York: Harpers & Brothers, 1841.
* Incidents of travel in Egypt, Arabia Petræa, and the Holy Land by [John L. Stephens]. New-York: Harpers & Brothers, 1844. First volume only.
* Observations in the East, chiefly in Egypt, Palestine, Syria, and Asia Minor, by John P. Durbin. New-York: Harpers & Brothers, 1845. Second volume only.
* The history of the Jews from the Babylonian captivity to the present time by [W. C. Brownlee, Williams Jenks]. Boston: M.A. Berk, 1846.
* Travels in Egypt, Arabia Petraea, and the Holy Land, by Stephen Olin. New-York: Harpers & Brothers, 1851. Second volume only.
* Palestine, its geography and Bible history, with twenty lithographic maps, by F.G. Hibbard. New-York: Carlton& Porter, 1856. Several leaves are probably lacking.
* The history of Palestine, from the patriarchal age to the present time by John Kitto. New-York: Robert Sears, 1857. Lacking map.
* Sacred geography, and antiquities by E.P. Barrows. New-York: American Tract Society, . Plates and maps. Most of the spine is lacking.
9 books. Size and condition vary. Significant foxing.
Books were not thoroughly checked and are sold AS IS.
Destruccio Iherosolime [Destruction of Jerusalem / Destruction of the First Temple by the Chaldeans], double incunabula leaf (no. LXIIII) from Hartmann Schedel's "Schedelsche Weltchronik" ("Nuremberg Chronicle"). [Nuremberg: Anton Koberger, 1493].
Woodcut (uncolored) depicting the destruction of Jerusalem and the First Temple by Nebuzaradan, commander of the guard of Nebuchadnezzar King of Babylon, in the year 586 BCE.
According to Laor, this is only the second view of Jerusalem ever printed (Laor 1125).
Approx. 55X40 cm. Good condition. Tears to vertical folding mark. To holes to upper edge. Framed. Unexamined out of frame.
Terra Sancta quae in sacris Terra Promissionis olim Palestina. Map of Eretz Israel. Engraving colored by hand, out of the first atlas by Willem Janszoon Blaeu. Amsterdam, 1629.
Map of Eretz Israel, Sinai Peninsula and the Nile Delta, with division into tribal territories. First published in the first atlas by Willem Janszoon Blaeu but attributed to cartographer Jodocus Hondius II, who, most probably, created the engraving plate and sold it to Blaeu.
Leaf approx. 59X30.5 cm. Good condition. Stains. Framed. Unexamined out of frame.
Terra Sancta sive Promissionis, olim Palestina, in duo divisa Regna, Israel, et Iuda, et in sex subdvisa Provincias. Rome, [1679?]. Latin.
Map of Eretz Israel, in its division to the kingdoms of Judea and Israel, divided into six provinces and twelve tribal territories; copperplate engraving colored by hand by Georgius Widman, drawn according to the map of cartographer Guillaume Sanson. In the upper left corner – Map of Syria added by Jacobo Cantelio.
Engraving, 46X60 cm. Good condition. Stains.
Regni Davidici et salomonaei descriptio geographica cum vicinis regionibus Syriae et Aegypti / Schema II [geographic description of David and Solomon Kingdoms and the regions of Syria and Egypt/map no. 2]. [Nuremberg, 1750?]. Latin. A detailed map of Eretz Israel, Syria and Egypt, a hand-colored engraving by German cartographer, astronomer and mathematician Johann Matthias Hase. Map no. 2 out of a series of three maps showing the various ruling areas in Eretz Israel during various historic eras. This map describes the political division under the Seleucid Empire. A detailed legend on the left lists the various regions under different rulers. Engraving, 50X59 cm. Good condition. Cloth-backed thick paper. Folding mark. Some stains. Laor: 314A
The celebrated city of Jerusalem (now called by the Turks Cudsembaric) including its several famous buildings now in decay / Lodge sculp, drawn by John Lodge. [Published by Alexander Hogg, Britain, ca. 1874]. Panorama of Jerusalem, an engraving colored by hand. The map was printed in the book "Millar's New Complete & Universal System of Geography" and in many of the copies appears at the top of the map the inscription "Engraved for Millar's New Complete & Universal System of Geography". This inscription does not appear in the copy offered here. Size of engraving 31X20.5 cm. Good condition. Some foxing.
Vue générale de Jérusalem historique et moderne par M. Adolphe Elzzner [general view of Historic and modern Jerusalem]. [Paris, 1862].
Panorama map with 100 landmarks. Color print by Adolf Eltzner, out of the French weekly "L'Univers illustré".
Size 32X50 cm. Good condition. Framed.